Join Our Team
The Valley Inn is looking for experienced professionals that have high energy and outgoing personalities, with great communication skills and are teamwork-oriented. Individuals should be motivated to succeed and have a strong aspiration to be in the hospitality industry.
Applications should filled out in person only.
You are welcome to e-mail your resume ahead of time and schedule a time for your interview.
- Ensure that all dishes are prepared in a timely manner by restocking ingredients at workstation and meeting prep times to ensure smooth delivery
- Set up and clean station according to restaurant protocol
- Maintain a clean workstation area, including kitchen equipment, tables, and shelves
- Comply with sanitary, health, and personal hygiene standards
- Ensure quality and freshness of ingredients and products
- Perform additional tasks as assigned by the line supervisor, sous-chef, or executive chef
- 1-3 years of experience cooking in a high-volume restaurant
- Understanding of cooking methods and procedures and knife handling skills
- Ability to perform tasks with accuracy, speed, and attention to detail
- Ability to read and follow cooking directions
- Ability to remain calm in a fast-paced environment
- Must be organized and self-motivated
- Must be able to stand, bend, stretch, and lift, and carry heavy materials
- Great guests with a smile in a positive and friendly manner. Establish a warm memorable first impression
- Answer phone calls with positive and friendly manners.
- Seats guests, following proper rotation and accommodating all guest requests when possible.
- Coordinate reservations, walk ins, and guest waits with guests’ preferences, seating capacity and server availability while maximizing table turns.
- Maintains complete knowledge of the restaurant procedure, rules and regulations in order accurately communicate to the guest.
- Maintains a comprehensive knowledge of the restaurant lay-out and daily special.
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- 16 years of age or older
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Highly motivated and energetic personality.
- Ability to stand/walk and stay focused and alert for extended periods of time.